Protect Your Home and Business against COVID-19
COVID-19 has impacted the daily lives of nearly all people living in the United States and the rest of the world. Stopping the spread of the virus is in everyone’s best interest, and the steps you can take to sanitize your Long Island home and business are simple and easy to follow. At Hardy Plumbing, we want to make sure you have all the information you need to keep your family and employees safe.
Cleaning and disinfecting go a long way in limiting the spread of the virus. Cleaning simply refers to removing germs and dirt from surfaces, while disinfecting means to use chemicals to actively kill germs and bacteria on surfaces. You can disinfect surfaces with chemicals such as EPA-registered disinfectants. You can find more information about which disinfectants to use here.
Recommendations for Sanitization
The CDC makes the following recommendations to curtail the spread of and limit the survival of the virus on surfaces:
- When disinfecting any surface, you should wear gloves, and gloves should be discarded after each use. Do not reuse disposable gloves. If you are using reusable gloves, they should be used only for disinfecting purposes and nothing else.
- Before disinfecting hard surfaces, if those surfaces have dirt or grime, you should clean them with water and soap or detergent before disinfecting.
- For soft surfaces such as carpet, drapes, or rugs, clean contaminated areas with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on those surfaces. Launder items as often as recommended by the manufacturer and use warm water. Allow the surface to completely dry.
- For computers, tablets, phones, and other electronics, follow the manufacturers’ instructions for cleaning and disinfecting. If there are no instructions, consider using alcohol-based wipes or sprays that contain at least 70% alcohol. Dry surfaces thoroughly and consider using wipeable covers.
- Most importantly, make sure that you, your family, and your staff wash your hands regularly. Always wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, you can use hand sanitizer if hands do not have visible dirt.
We’re Here to Help
While we all work through these trying times, be sure to contact us for any home comfort assistance you need. We value our Hampton and Long Island customers, and we want to make sure you’re comfortable and safe. We are available to make service visits and take the safest precautions to protect you, your family, and your business against COVID-19. Contact us today!